National Day of Prayer ~ May 7,2020
2021 National Day of Prayer
Risen Savior's Sanctuary is open
8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
for the National Day of Prayer
Click Here for National Day of Prayer Guide For Kids 2020
National Day of Prayer 2021 Prayer Guide
Thursday, May 6, 2021
Lord Pour Out Your
Love. Life. And Liberty
Lord, we look up and see the billions of stars You created, and we praise You. We look around and see the billions of people You created in Your image: uniquely, fearfully, Wonderfully, and we thank You. Wrap us in Your Spirit and unite us in Your family, Lord.
Thank You for loving us first, In your love for the whole world. You sent Your Son to save us.
Jesus, in You alone we have abundant and everlasting life. Thank You for teaching and leading us to love and live, fruitful, and faithful. In Your life, death, resurrection, and ascension You are our Lord, our love, our life and our liberty. You came to "bind up the broken, to proclaim liberty to captives and freedom to prisoners" Isaiah 61:1
Pray for God’s Glory to Spread Across America
2020 National Prayer
Lord, we exist to give You glory. We exist because of Your glory, and in Your glory, as our Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer. We give you thanks and praise for every breath and moment You have given to us. We repent of our sin; for the shameful things we have done against You and for our silence when we did not speak up to proclaim Your Name, profess Your Word, or protect and practice Your will. We ask Your forgiveness.
We pray that the knowledge of the glory of the Lord will spread across our nation and the entire earth as we seek Your Kingdom and righteousness; as we walk in obedience to You, and in humble unity, love one another. Jesus, the Bible says that You are “the knowledge of the glory of the Lord,” You have taught us to pray, commanded us to love, and commissioned us to share Your gospel of grace. Your glory fills our hearts and families, it overflows into our neighborhoods, workplaces, campuses, churches, in our entertainment and media. We give thanks for our military and ask that Your glory would spread to, and through them as they preserve freedom around the world, We pray for our government, that all of our leaders and laws would be filled with Your glory, that they would magnify Your Holy Word and honor Your will and ways. We pray that Your grace and glory would spread to bring hope to the hopeless, and love where there is hurt and hate. God, use us as we pray for your promise, that “the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.” Amen!
Jesus, we Pray that your church would be saturated with your glory. We plead that your presence would fill the churches so that people will be drawn into and saturated in the experience of your presence in your church. That your word would be clearly and outrageously taught and obeyed we pray that our lives will be a faithful testimony of your goodness and would be known by our love as we live to give you glory.
- Churches would be houses of prayer; overflowing with prayer throughout its weekly services and in the lives of every believer.
- That all Pastors would be deeply rooted in the Word of God and would preach the Word of God with love and courage to guide and shepherd their flock.
- That Pastor’s marriages and families would be strengthened, appreciated and supported not criticized and exhausted.
- That every believer would understand that they have been called to pray, love and share the gospel as laborers in the mission field of the places they live, work, learn, worship and play
Lord God we pray your glory would break our like the dawn in and through our government. We seek to live under your authority as well as your blessings and so we pray that America would bless you with our leaders, laws and lives. Please reveal your presence and power to every person who serves in our local, state, and federal governments. Show them your glory and goodness. Guide them in your ways so that our nation would give you glory.
- That all elected officials would serve in God’s will with humility and justice.
- That every person would know the love and message of Jesus and follow Him as their Lord.
- That light will shine into every government office and meeting, and all plans, deeds, decisions, strategies, and schemes will either be exalted or exposed according to the Word and Will of God.
- That America would be God-learning and glorifying. Living worthy of the moto. “In God we Trust.”
Heavenly Father. We pray that you will extend and expand your glory through our families as we dwell in you. We pray that you strengthen marriages so that husband and wives would remain faithful to you and to one another we pray that parents would love and nurture their children spiritually in Your word and ways as well as lovingly providing for their physical. Emotional and mental needs.
- That husband and wives would love and respect one another with faithfulness and ever-growing devotion for one another and God.
- That families would pray and study the Bible, worship and serve together. Building one another up in faith, love, hope and truth.
- That children would grow up in safe and supportive homes filled with the love and principles of Jesus and that they will respect and love their parents.
- That God would heal the wounds of abandonment and abuse; that all people would know that they are loved. May every person live in the abundant life and divine destiny authored and perfected by Jesus.
Lord who gives wisdom. Knowledge and understanding, we pray that campuses would be filled with Your Glory. We know that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. We pray that every student and educator would live in reverence and relationship with You.
- That all campuses will be a safe place to learn.
- That all curriculum taught in every classroom will be true and beneficial to the spiritual as well as the intellectual growth of students.
- That there will be at least one Christian Club on every campus for prayer. Bible study and fellowship that will strengthen student believers and glorify God on campus.
- That the decision makers, administrations and educators would be supported and make sound decisions that glorify God and serve our students in every area of education.
Lord, we pray that you will fill every workplace in our nation with Your Glory. We pray that all we do, every word, plan, strategy, goal, transaction, and relationship would bring You Glory. We give you glory for our knowledge, talents and opportunities.
- Business owner and management would lead their employees with godly practices and equity
- That every worker would know that they have value and influence, and therefore will work with excellence as working unto God.
- That every workplace from the school, military, home, office, store, and more will be filled with those who are praying and living out their faith in Jesus with love, excellence, and respect.
- That believers would know that their work is a part of their worship of God.
Jesus, King of Kings, we pray that You will fill our military with Your Glory. We pray that You would lead our military. That they would defend freedom and liberty. We ask your protection as they battle evil and shield the weak. Strengthen Your warriors in the salvation only found in Your. Guide and guard their families as well as their chain of command as they serve at home and on the front-lines.
- That all of our service members would be well prepared and trained spiritually as well as physically, mentally and emotionally.
- For marriage, finances and that their children would be strong spiritually, educationally, socially, and emotionally.
- That their chain of command would be filled with wisdom, knowledge and understanding in decisions and discerning intelligence information.
- That God would guard and guide them at home and on the front lines. And that they would be filled with courage not fear; knowing that God is near.
Lord our creator, we pray that sound scripts and screens would be filled with Your Glory. We pray, praise You, and give You thanks. You gave us the beauty of this world, in sunsets and the sea, flowers, mountains and in every person made in Your image. You give us gifts and talents that we steward for your glory. Keep our hearts and minds filled with light as we choose the voices we listen to and the images we watch.
- That all of those who work in Hollywood, New York, Atlanta, and on every set studio and stage in between would know that Christ-followers are praying for them.
- That Christ-followers would not be another critic in their lives who seek to tear them down but that we would be able to speak truth with love that draws them near to God.
- That the truth and talent given by God and glorifying God will fill the screens, stages, scripts, stations and songs of our nation.
- That art, entertainment, and media would draw people closer to God as the first and consummate artist and Creator and would give God glory for and with their talent.
The National Day of Prayer Task Force is a nonprofit organization with a 501(c)(3) status.
National Day of Prayer Task Force rely on individual donation, foundation support and resource sales for our funding.